Calling all creatives – premiere your buzz-worthy film, perform on stage in front of a global audience, or pitch your game-changing tech startup at SXSW. Whatever your creative goal may be, take the opportunity to be a part of the inventive SXSW community from March 13-22, 2020.
Applications are open for SXSW 2020 participation opportunities but a majority of final deadlines are fast approaching. Learn how to participate in one of the many prestigious SXSW categories below and take note of important deadlines (11:59pm Pacific Time). Applications for SXSW Release It (November 15) and SXSW Hackathon open later in the season.
2020 Open Applications
The SXSW Film Festival celebrates raw innovation and emerging talent from both behind and in front of the camera. Premiere your feature film, short, episodic, or VR/AR/MR project in front of press, film industry leaders, and film lovers as well as tech and music professionals at the 2020 SXSW Film Festival. Submission categories include Feature Film, Short Film, Episodic, Music Video, Virtual Cinema, Texas High School Short, and Title Sequence. Learn More »
- Early Deadline: August 22, 2019 | Features, Shorts, Episodics, Music Videos, VR/AR/MR projects, Texas High School Shorts, and Title Sequences
- Official Deadline: September 19, 2019 | Features, Shorts, Episodics, Music Videos, VR/AR/MR projects, Texas High School Shorts, and Title Sequences
- Late Deadline: October 17, 2019 | Features, Shorts, Episodics, Music Videos, VR/AR/MR projects, Texas High School Shorts, and Title Sequences
- Final Deadline: December 12, 2019 | Texas High School Shorts and Title Sequences
Note: Even though the Late Deadline has passed, it is still possible to submit your project for consideration. Read our guide on How to Request an Extension for the 2020 SXSW Film Festival.
The SXSW Interactive Innovation Awards recognize the most exciting creative developments in the connected world, celebrating the ever-widening variety of technological advancements, achievements and discoveries. Innovators from across the digital industry have the opportunity to enter their exciting, new work in this competition – open to all projects, products, and developments launched or made in calendar year of 2019. Learn More »
- Early Deadline: September 8, 2019
- Final Deadline: November 15, 2019
Pitch your innovative startup at the 12th annual SXSW Pitch (formally SXSW Accelerator) in front of a live audience and panel of expert judges. Plus, be a part of product demonstrations by the most ambitious talents in the world with the creative new ideas to change it. Join the ranks of SXSW Pitch alumni gaining millions in funding along the way with a combined total of over $6.6 billion. Learn More »
- Early Deadline: September 6, 2019
- Final Deadline: November 15, 2019
Place by Design is SXSW’s public space design competition, celebrating transformative work at the intersection of art, technology, and design that rethinks how we use and interact with the places around us. Learn More »
- Deadline: November 22, 2019
David Carr was a journalist, author, and longtime speaker at SXSW before his passing in 2015. All high school, undergraduate, and graduate students (PhD & Masters included) are invited to honor David Carr’s interest in the convergence of new media, technology, and culture by entering an essay or short story following a prompt. Learn More »
- Final Deadline: December 6, 2019
SXSW Songs is a unique songwriting camp experience for established pop producers and writers from around the world. Co-writing at SXSW connects you with the energy and inspiration of a global creative community.
- Early Deadline: October 25, 2019
- Final Deadline: December 20, 2019
Photo by Tico Mendoza
The post Apply to Participate at SXSW 2020: Upcoming Final Deadlines for Designers, Filmmakers, Startups & More appeared first on SXSW.