The October 20 Late Deadline for Feature Films, Short Films, and Music Videos has passed, but there is still an opportunity to premiere your film at SXSW 2017.
We do grant film submission deadline extensions on a case-by-case basis. You can request one using our Extension Request Form. Be sure to fill out the form accurately, including a reasonable extension request date. Remember, the later it gets, the fewer spots we have to fill and the less likely it is that we’ll have room for your film in our final program.
Don’t forget that we do consider films in a work-in-progress form, so if you are just waiting on your final color correction and/or audio mix, but your film is already picture locked, we encourage you to request an extension for it now.
Do you have more questions regarding extensions? You can email email@example.com, and we’ll get you some answers. To learn more about submitting to SXSW, watch our How To Submit Your Film video and check out our Film Submission FAQ.
Photo by Mike Windle/Getty Images
- Register for SXSW 2017 by Friday, October 21 and Save
- Film Submission Tips: Feature & Short Eligibility
- Film Submission Tips: Submitting to Other Festivals and Premiere Status
- SXSW 2017 is Now Taking Virtual Reality and Mixed Reality Project Submissions
- Film Submission Tips: Screening Sections and Awards
- Exhibiting Episodics