The LGBTQ+ community – comprising of those who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, non-binary, gender nonconforming, or any other magical identity in the wide and varied spectrum of this community – make up important pillars across the SXSW Conference, Film, and Music Festivals. As powerful creative forces, strong advocates for equal rights, and champions of diverse representation – it’s no surprise that these changemakers are leaving a big imprint on this year’s SXSW event. We’ve pulled some of our favorite highlights so that everyone can join in celebrating this important and dynamic community of individuals.
These sessions are an opportunity for members of the LGBTQ+ community as well as allies to take up space, discuss the challenges facing some of the most vulnerable members of the community, as well as a chance to look to the future of this vibrant community and those working every day to bring us towards a better and brighter future.
Browse 2020 LGBTQ+ Sessions
- Reimagine Gender in Your Work
- Featured Session: Jonathan Van Ness in conversation with Brené Brown
- Intersexcellence: Thriving Beyond the Binary
- Transforming Perception of Formerly Incarcerated LGBTQIA+
- 6 Steps for Changing Hearts and Minds for Good Meet Up
- The Revolution Will Be in Drag: A Conversation with Drag Syndrome
- The LGBTQ Movement Was Queer by (X) Design
- Dress Code: Presenting Queer in the Workplace
- Equal Representation: LGBTQ Electeds Speak OUT!
- The Power of Digital Media: Elevating Queer Voices
- Life Lessons from Drag Mothers and Daughters
More LGBTQ+ Programming
Check out other LGBTQ+ focused Sessions, Meet Ups, and other programming happening across the Conference.
Browse all sessions on the SXSW Schedule and add events to your Favorites list to start planning your SX adventure.
Attend SXSW 2020
Featured Image by Ziv Kruger