Only a few days left until the early film submission deadline on Friday, August 25. If your film isn’t quite ready, don’t worry. We still have two additional deadlines before submissions officially close for SXSW 2018. Check out our quick tips below.
Film Submissions Quick Tips
- Remember that you must have a secure link to your film ready to go before you complete your application.
- While submitting by the Early Deadline will keep some extra money in your pocket, we never want filmmakers to rush their films, as we will only consider the first cut submitted. So take your time!
- Find out more information about deadlines and fees here.
- Questions? Find answers in our Film FAQ.
- If you are ready to submit, take a few minutes to watch our How to Submit Your Film video posted above!
Communication is key. After you’ve submitted we know that you will continue to work out your plans for the future of your film. If any information about your film changes after you’ve completed your application, let us know. If you’ve been accepted to another festival, added a sales agent, or changed a major aspect of the film itself, email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know.
Also, have patience. We know waiting to hear from us can be excruciating, but it takes a lot of time for us to hone down the program into its final iteration. We are evaluating films through January so just because you haven’t heard from us yet, but your friends have, doesn’t mean we’ve forgotten about you. Everyone who submits a film to us will hear from us by February 9. Only after that date, email us if you haven’t heard anything.
Join Us For SXSW 2018
Join us for SXSW 2018 – register to attend by Friday, September 8 for the biggest savings of the season. Make your hotel reservations through SXSW Housing & Travel for the best available rates. Grab your Film badge today for primary access to all SXSW Film events including world premieres, roundtables, workshops and parties. We hope to see you in March!
The post 2018 SXSW Film Submission Tips: Early Deadline August 25 [Video] appeared first on SXSW.